Commonwealth funding changes from the 1st of July 2015:
From July 2015 the Commonwealth HACC Program will cease to exist and will be replaced by the Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP). The CHSP is designed to provide entry-level support services to frail, older people to assist them to live independently at home and in the community.
From the 1st of July 2015 all NEW frail older clients must call My Aged Care on
1800 200 422 for initial assessment in order to access any CHSP service. Please advise the My Aged Care team that you wish to use Hornsby Ku-ring-gai Community Transport as your preferred transport provider, if this is the case.
“The My Aged Care contact centre will register the frail older client, conduct a screening process over the phone and then either:
- refer the client directly to a CHSP service provider
- refer the client for a face-to-face home support assessment conducted by the My Aged Care Regional Assessment Service
- refer the client to an Aged Care Assessment Team if the screening process identifies more complex aged care needs
- provide information about non-Commonwealth funded services, as appropriate”
What is Hornsby Ku-ring-gai Community Transport?
We are a Home and Community Care Project funded by the Commonwealth and State Governments and Supported by Hornsby Shire and Ku-ring-gai Councils. We are a community support program for:
- Frail Aged People
- Younger People with Disabilities
- The Carers of Both
Frail aged and disabled people living independently in their own homes.
To meet the transport needs of residents in our community who are frail aged / disabled and their carers.
- We are honest, ethical and transparent in our work
- We deliver professional services to our clients
- We treat our stakeholders and each other with respect
- We value the contribution of our staff (paid and volunteer) and Board, and support their development.
We hope you enjoy your association with us.
If you require a service brochure in another language please visit www.easytransport.org.au and select the language you require.
If you have difficulty reading, please contact us so we can make arrangements for this information to be read to you.
If you have a vision impairment a large font version of our service brochure can be sent to you.